I don’t know why but I have a terrible time paper piecing. I love how the blocks come out once they’re all trimmed, but getting there is the real challenge.
Over the holiday weekend I worked on the Midsummer Night’s Dream challenge. It is basically a whole cloth picture surrounded by borders.
After toying around with a pieced border that I designed myself, I trashed that idea and went fishing on the web. I decided that Darting Minnows on Quilters Cache.
After printing up a sample and measuring it, I decided to make the picture fit the border instead of the other way around. It was that close! I’m not sure if I will applique the little munchkin onto the side or not, but it is shown in the photo: